Forest Bathing Guide Training · SPAIN · 17-21 May 2021
- 5x5 Model
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to Get There
Urkiola Natural Park, Biscay, Spain
6 days immersion: 17-21 May 2021
Forest Bathing practice ends: 21 August 2021
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs € 1,960 for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses are not included.
This training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. It offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Bathing Training and Certification is a 6-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
6 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 6-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- Guiding Skills, Competencies and Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- FTI Method (Walk Structure & 5×5 Model).
- Personal Nature Connection.
- Ecoliteracy and Risk Management.
- Senses & Embodiment Practices.
- Forest Medicine, Science & Theory.
- Group Dynamics.
- Circle Work.
- The Art of Language.
- Combining Forest Bathing with other Practices.
- Trail selection criteria.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
The Urkiola Natural Park occupies an area of 5,768 hectares (14,253 acres), formed by the Aramotz-Eskubaratz, Durangaldea and Aragio mountains, lying between the provinces of Bizkaia and Araba-Álava.
In Euskera, the Basque language, urkiola means place with birches. The park is located at the heart of Euskadi, the Basque Country, surrounded by great mountains, stories and legends, like the one about Mari: the goddess or lady of Amboto, that roamed the region thousands of years ago and looked after the shepherds and their flocks.
The Hotel Santuario Urkiola is located within the Urkiola Natural Park, at an altitude of 737 m (2,417 ft), in Abadiño municipality, near the road that connects Vitoria-Gasteiz with Durango. The tranquillity, harmony and peace of the surroundings permeates the rooms.
Type of accommodation and price, per night:
- Quadruple rooms: € 32.50
- Double rooms: € 42.50
- Double rooms for single use: € 85
Accommodation reservations and practical questions are managed directly with Hotel Santuario Urkiola:
- Full board: 30 €/day (discount over meals’ individual price)
- Breakfast: 9 €/day
- Lunch: 12 €/day
- Dinner: 15 €/day
Please let them know of any allergies, intolerance or special requirements, such as a specific diet or lactose or gluten free products.
- On Google Maps
- Bº Urkiola 9
Abadiño, 48220 Bizkaia, Spain
The nearest airport is Bilbao’s.
By Car: the easiest way to get there is to take the local road BI-623, that connects Vitoria-Gasteiz with Durango.
By Bus: available services to Urkiola at the Termibus in Bilbao.
For more information, please contact the hotel.