Forest Bathing Guide Training in Spain 1-6 June 2020
- Model 5x5
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to Get There
Urkiola Natural Park, Biscay – Northern Spain
6 days Immersion from 1 – 6 June 2020
Forest Bathing Practice Ends: 6 September 2020
Forest Bathing Guide Training is 1960 Euros for the 3-month period. The cost does not include travel, accommodations or meals
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training is suitable for people working in the area of ecotourism or health tourism. It is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness practice, Spa activity or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for the those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy institute 5×5-model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions, cultures and our specific social and environmental context. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental context where the training take place.
Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5-model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose;
- Equip you with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences
- Provide you with a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practiceinto the health care system;
- Integrating new skills to develop your life and career path.
The pathway of the Forest Bathing and training and certification works as following:
The first step is a 6 day intensive immersion. Immediately following this you begin your mandatory 3 months Mentored Practice. This is home based. After the 3 months Mentored Practice once you fulfill the requirements for a competent guide you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI- Certified Forest Bathing Guide: 6 day intensive + 3 months Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training” as part of your mentored practise.
1) 6 days immersion that consists of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 model. The 5×5-model is the common framework that both paths share, where you will learn:
- The Art of Guiding and Core Forest Bathing Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- The Science of Forest Bathing: the evidence based practice.
- Embodied presence and working with the senses.
- The Forest Bathing framework 5×5-model.
- Trail selection criteria.
- Cultural considerations and enhancing your relationship with the land.
- Naturalist knowledge on your area.
- Enhancing personal awareness of your relationship with nature.
2) Mentored Practice: the immersion is followed by a 3 months Mentored Practice to integrate the immersion learnings where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organisations.
Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
The Urkiola Natural Park occupies an area of 5,768 Ha. It is formed by the Aramotz-Eskubaratz mountain range, the Duranguesado mountains and the Aragio mountain range. The park is between the provinces of Vizcaya and Álava.
Urkiola in Euskera means place of birches. Located in the heart of Euskadi is surrounded by great mountains, legends and stories.
Thousands of years ago, the legend that walked around these places “Mari” the goddess or lady of the Amboto took care of the shepherds and their flocks. Here we are surrounded and accompany the Amboto, and other emblematic mountains.
The Urkiola Sanctuary Hotel is located within the Urkiola Natural Park, at an altitude of 737 meters. In the term of Abadiño, and near the road that joins Gasteiz with Durango. The tranquillity, harmony and peace that is breathed in the surroundings, sneaks into their rooms.
Type of accommodation and costs:
– Quadruple rooms: 32.50 per night
– Double rooms: 42.50 per night
– Double rooms for single use: 85 per night
Accommodation reservations are managed directly with the Santuario de Urkiola Hotel managers.
For reservations and practical questions please contact: Gaizka
– Full board: 30 € day (full board has a discount)
– Breakfast: 9 € day
– Lunch: 12 € day
– Dinner: 15 € day
Please let them know of any allergies or special requirements such as lactose or gluten free products.
Para dietas especificas, intolerancias y alergias contacte directamente con el alojamiento.
The Hotel Sanctuary of Urkiola is located in Bº Urkiola 9, Abadiño in the province of Vizcaya.
Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/p34HvuSG9oC2
The nearest airport is Bilbao airport.
The easiest way to get there is to take the local road BI-623 that connects Durango with Vitoria-Gasteiz..
At the Termibus de Bilbao we find buses that take us to Urkiola.
For further explanations, please, contact with the accommodation manager.
En Coche: La forma más cómoda de llegar es transitar por la carretera comarcal BI-623 que une Durango con Vitoria-Gasteiz. En Bus: En la Termibus de Bilbao encontramos autobuses que nos llevan hasta Urkiola. Para más explicaciones, por favor, póngase en contacto con el administrador de alojamiento.
If you are looking to develop your skills further and widen your professional scope, access our Preferential offer when applying for Forest Bathing and Forest Therapy training together, as a package, and benefit from an incentive of 196 €: pay only 2724 € instead of 2920 €.
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it joinly with your Forest Bathing Training. Choose your Forest Therapy Training.