Forest Therapy Practitioner Training · SPAIN · 23-26 Sep 2021
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to get there
Sanillés Eco-Park & Thermal Spa, Cerdanya (Lleida), Spanish Pyrenees
4 days immersion: 23-26 September 2021
Forest Therapy practice ends: 27 December 20201
The Certified Forest Therapy Practitioner Training costs 960 € for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses are not included.
This training is for those who wish to build further on their Forest Bathing expertise or previous Forest Therapy training. It offers expertise and guidance on how to move Forest Bathing from a wellness-based and preventative practice to a treatment intervention and rehabilitation support for specific populations.
With the FTI Forest Therapy Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme you will:
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Therapy treatment and rehabilitation practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
- Learn about the clinical applications of forest therapy for specific populations.
Please, note that in order to be accepted on this training it is required that you have a previous certification on Forest Bathing, Shinrin-Yoku or Forest Therapy with an organization validated by the FTI.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Therapy Training and Certification (CPD) is a 4-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Therapy Practitioner:
4 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 4-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning, specific to the Forest Therapy Training path, where you will learn about:
- Workplace stress reduction and wellness programmes.
- Designing Forest Therapy interventions.
- Guiding skills and considerations.
- Working with clinical populations.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Therapy Training, you will be able to:
- Work with specific populations.
- Demonstrate strong standards and ethics and professional recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Work collaboratively with healthcare professionals to develop social/green prescriptions.
- Develop Forest Therapy interventions with a specific framework and engage in research.
- Establish multi-day Nature Based Workplace Wellness Programmes.
Sanillés, in the Spanish Pyrenees, is a place with exceptional attributes: a Mediterranean climate averaging 300 days of sunshine per year at an altitude of 3500 ft (1065 m).
Sanillés Eco-Park & Thermal Spa is a former spa hotel being renovated and meanwhile managed by the Association of Friends of Sanillés. We do not operate as a commercial hotel residence and therefore ask for a membership certificate and disclaimer to be signed by all guests. There is no fee for this. Rooms are limited and booked on a first come first served basis. The Double Occupancy room is a shared room and you will be booked with a roommate.
All rates quoted are per night and person, and include all three meals:
- Single occupancy with private bath: 80 €
- Double-shared room with private bath for room: 65 €
Accommodation reservations are managed directly with the hotel.
At Sanillés Eco-Park & Thermal Spa, all meals are included in the daily rates: three daily meals focusing on fresh organic ingredients and nutritional combinations are included in the nightly cost of all accommodation options including camping. When booking lodging please inform the staff about any food intolerance or preferences.
- Google Maps
- Sanillés, Carretera de Llés
Llés de Cerdanya
25726 Lérida, Spain
The nearest town is Martinet.
We are just a 2-2.5 hours’ drive from Barcelona, close to Andorra.
We recommend driving or arriving by bus, as the closest train station is 20 km away. Please use a rideshare option where at all possible.
Buses going from Barcelona to Martinet can be booked here. Once you arrive in Martinet, call us and collection can be arranged.