Forest Bathing Guide Training · PORTUGAL · 8-13 Mar 2021
Translation to: Portuguese
- 5x5 Model
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to Get There
Buçaco Forest, Luso, Portugal
6 days immersion: 8-13 March 2021
Forest Bathing practice ends: 13 June 2021
Translation to: Portuguese
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs € 1,960 for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses are not included.
This training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. It offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Bathing Training and Certification is a 6-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
6 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 6-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- Guiding Skills, Competencies and Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- FTI Method (Walk Structure & 5×5 Model).
- Personal Nature Connection.
- Ecoliteracy and Risk Management.
- Senses & Embodiment Practices.
- Forest Medicine, Science & Theory.
- Group Dynamics.
- Circle Work.
- The Art of Language.
- Combining Forest Bathing with other Practices.
- Trail selection criteria.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
“The spa town of Luso is one of the greatest places that nature endowed our country.” In this village you can find the Mata do Buçaco, an ancient arboretum in the central region of Portugal that is considered one of the best dendrological collections in Europe.
The forest covers about 105 hectares (260 acres) and contains more than 250 species of trees and shrubs, including exotic species introduced by Portuguese sailors. In 2004, Portugal proposed the Mata do Buçaco for the UNESCO provisional list of World Heritage Sites.
The then known as Grande Hotel das Termas de Luso was designed by Cassiano Branco (1897-1970), considered by many as the most inventive artist of the modernism in Portugal, but also versatile between modern and traditional styles.
During its more than 70 years of history, the Grande Hotel de Luso was reformed introducing new trends, an indoor pool, an access tunnel to the Termas do Luso (spa) and a reclassification to 4-star hotel.
Accommodation reservations are managed directly with the Grande Hotel de Luso:
Please let the hotel know of any allergies, intolerance or special requirements, such as a specific diet or lactose or gluten free products.
Luso is a village in the centre of Portugal: Google Maps.
The nearest international airports are Oporto’s and Lisbon’s.
- A1 > Mealhada exit > Luso > EN 234
- IP3 (south) > Luso exit > EN 235
- IP3 (north) > Mortágua exit > Luso > EN 234
By Train: Luso-Buçaco station. Check lines and schedules here.
By Bus: check different lines and schedules here.
For more information, please contact the hotel.