Forest Bathing Guide Training · ITALY · 12-17 Apr 2021
- 5x5 Model
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to Get There
Monteluco Forest, Spoleto (Umbria), Italy
6 days immersion: 12-17 April 2021
Forest Bathing practice ends: 17 July 2021
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs € 1,960 for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses are not included.
This training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. It offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
Italy April 2021
Lead Trainer & Mentor
Lead Trainer & Mentor
Trainer & Mentor
Trainer & Mentor
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Bathing Training and Certification is a 6-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
6 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 6-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- Guiding Skills, Competencies and Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- FTI Method (Walk Structure & 5×5 Model).
- Personal Nature Connection.
- Ecoliteracy and Risk Management.
- Senses & Embodiment Practices.
- Forest Medicine, Science & Theory.
- Group Dynamics.
- Circle Work.
- The Art of Language.
- Combining Forest Bathing with other Practices.
- Trail selection criteria.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
The hill of Monteluco is located south-east of Spoleto and reaches an elevation of 804 m (2,637 ft). The Sacred Wood of Monteluco is characterized by the holm oak (evergreen oak), a fairly rare plant in places so far from the sea or from the lakes. The forest is crossed by some paths and the top of the hill has a large lawn area, easily accessible.
Numerous hermitages, caves, including that of St. Anthony of Padua, can be reached through the pedestrian path that winds through the woods behind the Franciscan sanctuary.
The Sanctuary of San Francesco (1218) has been extended several times between the 15th and 18th centuries, but it still has the well, the chapel oratory and seven small cells from the Franciscan period.
The belvedere overlooks the valley and the beautiful town of Spoleto and it houses a plaque bearing the quotation of San Francesco who, observing from above the mosaic of cultivated fields of the Spoletan Valley, exclaimed: “nil iucundius vidi valle mea spoletana” (“I have not seen anything more delightful than my Spoletan valley”).
The Albergo Paradiso is situated at the top of the Monteluco hill. It is a 3-stars hotel, totally immersed in the holm oak woods, near the big lawn of Monteluco.
Type of accommodation and costs, per night:
- Double (shared) rooms: € 60 with full board / € 52 with half board
- Double rooms for single use: € 70 with full board / € 62 with half board
- Single room: € 60 with full board / € 52 with half board (only two rooms available)
Accommodation reservations and practical questions are managed directly with Albergo Paradiso:
Included in the accommodation prices (see Accommodation).
Please let them know of any allergies, intolerance or special requirements, such as a specific diet or lactose or gluten free products.
Monteluco is directly reachable by car or by bus.
By Air: the nearest airport is Perugia, but Spoleto is also reachable by train from the airports of Rome Fiumicino and Ancona Falconara (with exchanges).
By Car: southeast of Spoleto there is the local road SP 462 to Monteluco (7 km/4 mi).
- South: A1 Rome-Orte, then E45 Orte-Terni, then SS3 Terni-Spoleto.
- North: A1 Firenze-Bettolle-Perugia, then SS3 Perugia-Spoleto.
- Northeast: A14 Ancona-Civitanova Marche, then SS77bis Civitanova Marche-Foligno, then SS3 Foligno-Spoleto.
By Bus: from the Spoleto railway station there is the ML bus line. There are four daily buses.