Forest Bathing Guide Training in Ireland 6-11 July 2020
- Model 5x5
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- Accomodation Details
- How to Get There
Glendalough, Wicklow Mountains National Park – Ireland
6 days Immersion 6 – 11 July 2020
Forest Bathing Practice Ends: 11 October 2020
Forest Bathing Guide Training is 1960 Euros for the 3-month period. The cost does not include travel, accommodations or meals
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training is suitable for people working in the area of ecotourism or health tourism. It is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness practice, Spa activity or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for the those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy institute 5×5-model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions, cultures and our specific social and environmental context. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental context where the training take place.
Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5-model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose;
- Equip you with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences
- Provide you with a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practiceinto the health care system;
- Integrating new skills to develop your life and career path.
The pathway of the Forest Bathing and training and certification works as following:
The first step is a 6 day intensive immersion. Immediately following this you begin your mandatory 3 months Mentored Practice. This is home based. After the 3 months Mentored Practice once you fulfill the requirements for a competent guide you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI- Certified Forest Bathing Guide: 6 day intensive + 3 months Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training” as part of your mentored practise.
1) 6 days immersion that consists of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 model. The 5×5-model is the common framework that both paths share, where you will learn:
- The Art of Guiding and Core Forest Bathing Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- The Science of Forest Bathing: the evidence based practice.
- Embodied presence and working with the senses.
- The Forest Bathing framework 5×5-model.
- Trail selection criteria.
- Cultural considerations and enhancing your relationship with the land.
- Naturalist knowledge on your area.
- Enhancing personal awareness of your relationship with nature.
2) Mentored Practice: the immersion is followed by a 3 months Mentored Practice to integrate the immersion learnings where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organisations.
Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
Wicklow Mountains National Park is situated just south of Dublin. The Park covers 20,000 hectares of mountain scenery, with oak woodlands and beautiful waterfalls.
The Glendalough Valley is located in the Wicklow Mountains National Park and has many attractions to entice, entertain and enthral visitors, from its world famous Monastic Site with Round Tower to its scenic lakes and valleys, as well as a selection of walks and trails in the area including The Wicklow Way. It is one of Ireland’s most beautiful visitors’ destinations. For thousands of years people have been drawn to ‘the valley of the two lakes‘ for its spectacular scenery, rich history, archaeology and abundant wildlife. Glendalough is a remarkable place that will still your mind, inspire your heart and fill your soul.
There are limited public transport options for accessing Wicklow Mountains National Park. Many private tour companies operate tours to the Park, and in particular to Glendalough.
Access to the National Park is currently easiest by private transport. Two main roads run alongside the Wicklow Mountains – the N11/M11 to the east and the N81 to the west. From these roads, many smaller secondary roads cross through the National Park. Some main routes to Glendalough are outlined here.
Private taxi services may be available in some areas to transport you further.
Glendalough is also serviced by a private bus service – the St. Kevin’s Bus. It travels from Dublin city centre via Bray and Roundwood. (www.glendaloughbus.com)
Bus Éireann and Dublin Bus services reach some of the towns close to the National Park – Enniskerry to the north, Rathdrum, Wicklow and Arklow to the east, and Baltinglass and Blessington to the west.
The closest airport to Glendalough is Dublin airport which is 75Km and 1hr 20mins.
If you are looking to develop your skills further and widen your professional scope, access our Preferential offer when applying for Forest Bathing and Forest Therapy training together, as a package, and benefit from an incentive of 196 €: pay only 2724 € instead of 2920 €.
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it joinly with your Forest Bathing Training. Choose your Forest Therapy Training.