Forest Bathing Guide Training · FRANCE · 30 Aug-4 Sep 2020
- USD: $2,265
- 5x5 Model
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to Get There
Monts d’Ardeche Regional Nature Park, France
6 days immersion: 30 August – 4 September 2020
Forest Bathing practice ends: 20 December 2020
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs 1960 € for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses are not included.
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Bathing Training and Certification is a 6-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
6 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 6-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- The Art of Guiding and Core Forest Bathing Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- The Science of Forest Bathing: the evidence-based practice.
- Embodied presence and working with the senses.
- The Forest Bathing framework 5×5 Model.
- Trail selection criteria.
- Cultural considerations and enhancing your relationship with the land.
- Naturalist knowledge of your area.
- Enhancing personal awareness of your relationship with nature.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
The training takes place in the Monts d’Ardeche Regional Nature Park. Drawing on its lifestyle, rich heritage, wide open spaces and famous gastronomy, the Ardèche has over time been revealed as an exceptional territory. This recognition led to the creation of the park in 2001.
The park is impregnated by the presence of men who have had to cope with a rough but generous nature. The quality of the landscape testifies to this alliance between Man and Nature: terraces, chestnut trees, water management through ingenious systems, hamlets grouped on the slopes, mills and millings and breeding of the Fin Gras du Mézenc, a protected designation for a local cow-breeding tradition.
A mid-mountain territory, it’s composed of a mosaic of landscapes either wild or shaped in terraces.
From the southern valleys to the snow-capped Mézenc massif, the park’s natural riches as well as animal and plant species are numerous: otters, genets, golden eagles, lilies and wild tulips. The park is home to heritage treasures such as traditional beehives dug from chestnut tree trunks, old mills and farms with flagstone and broom roofs.
Forests cover sixty percent of the park’s surface, making it one of the most wooded in France. They are found at all altitudes. Coming from different origins, these natural environments today contribute to the richness of local biodiversity, especially the old forests.
Domaine du Taillé is a zen type resort located in the heart of a private park of 100 hectares in Southern Ardèche. The whole site shows a perfect integration with the surrounding nature. This unspoilt place, specially tailored to greet alternative events is conducive to rest and revitalization.
The restaurant, with Annie’s cooking, is made of seasonal organic and local products.
The buildings of this privileged site are exclusively built and renovated in natural materials: stone, wood, copper and hemp. The estate has received the European Eco-label.
The natural bathing pond treated ecologically is at your disposal. The two dōjō located outside and surrounded by greenery and hiking trails accessible from the estate, also participate in creating the ideal Zen atmosphere.
Prices per night, only full board available:
- Single room (full board): 78 €/day
- Individual Tipi (tent) (full board): 62 €/day
- Shared bedroom (large tent ecochic for 3 people): 59 €/day
All reservations must be done before the 14th of May. After this date, availability of accommodation cannot be guaranteed.
Booking is made using this link. In case you need to enquire on a specific question, you can contact:
Included in the full board.
- On Google Maps.
- Coordinates: 44.679604 / 4.437858
- The nearest train station is “Valence TGV”. Using the TGV train service, this station is:
- 34 min from Lyon
- 2h08 from Paris
- 3h37 from Lille
- 2h30 from Marseille
- 1h30 from Avignon
- 2h30 from Geneva
- 4h30 from Brussels
- 5h30 from London
- The bus service SNCF TER then connects “Valence TGV” station with Aubenas.
- On this route, the closest bus stop to Domaine du Taillé is “Saint Etienne Boulogne Col d’Auriolles”, 1h45 away from “Valence TGV” station. Contact us to book a free shuttle from the bus stop or just tell us your schedule when making your reservation.
- Find all SNCF TER bus service correspondences here.
- There are also regular shuttles between “Valence TGV” and “Valence-Ville” (in the city centre) train stations.
- The nearest airport is Lyon Saint Exupéry (www.lyonaeroports.com)
- Rhônexpress Shuttle connects the airport with Lyon Part-Dieu train station (30 min).
- Bus and train departures towards Valence, journey time variable between 30 min and more than 2 hours, depending on the timetable.
- Grenoble Alpes Isère Airport (www.grenoble-airport.com)
- Shuttle to Grenoble train station (45 min).
If you are looking to develop your skills further and widen your professional scope, access our Preferential offer: apply for Forest Bathing and Forest Therapy training as a package, benefit from an incentive of 196 € and pay € 2,724 instead of € 2,920.
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it joinly with your Forest Bathing Training. Choose your Forest Therapy Training.