Forest Bathing Guide Training · FRANCE · 13-18 Jun 2021
- 5x5 Model
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to Get There
Monts d’Ardèche Regional Nature Park, France
6 days immersion: 13-18 June 2021
Forest Bathing practice ends: 4 September 2021
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs € 1,960 for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses are not included.
This training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. It offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
France June 2021
Trainer & Mentor
Trainer & Mentor
Lead Trainer & Mentor
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Bathing Training and Certification is a 6-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
6 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 6-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- Guiding Skills, Competencies and Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- FTI Method (Walk Structure & 5×5 Model).
- Personal Nature Connection.
- Ecoliteracy and Risk Management.
- Senses & Embodiment Practices.
- Forest Medicine, Science & Theory.
- Group Dynamics.
- Circle Work.
- The Art of Language.
- Combining Forest Bathing with other Practices.
- Trail selection criteria.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
The training takes place in the Monts d’Ardèche Regional Nature Park. Drawing on its lifestyle, rich heritage, wide open spaces and famous gastronomy, the Ardèche has over time been revealed as an exceptional territory. This recognition led to the creation of the park in 2001.
The park seems impregnated by the character of its inhabitants, who have had to cope with a rough but generous nature. The quality of the landscape testifies to this alliance between People and Nature: terraces, chestnut trees, water management through ingenious systems, hamlets grouped on the slopes, mills and the Fin Gras du Mézenc, a protected designation for a local cow-breeding tradition.
A mid-mountain territory, the park is composed of a mosaic of landscapes either wild or shaped in terraces.
From the southern valleys to the snow-capped Mézenc massif, the park’s natural riches as well as animal and plant species are numerous: otters, genets, golden eagles, lilies and wild tulips. The park is home to heritage treasures such as traditional beehives dug from chestnut tree trunks, old mills and farms with flagstone and thatch roofs.
Forests can be found at all altitudes and cover sixty percent of the park’s surface, making it one of the most wooded in France. Coming from different origins, these natural environments today contribute to the richness of local biodiversity, especially the old forests.
Domaine du Taillé is a zen type resort located at the heart of a private park of 100 hectares (247 acres) in Southern Ardèche. The whole site shows a perfect integration with the surrounding nature. This unspoilt place, specially tailored to greet alternative events is conducive to rest and revitalization.
At the restaurant, Annie’s cooking is made of seasonal organic and local products.
The buildings of this privileged site are exclusively built and renovated in natural materials: stone, wood, copper and hemp. The estate has received the EU Ecolabel.
The ecologically treated natural bathing pond is at your disposal. The two dōjō located outside surrounded by greenery and hiking trails accessible from the estate, also participate in creating the ideal zen atmosphere.
Prices per night (only full board available):
- Single room (full board): 78 €/day
- Individual Tipi (tent) (full board): 62 €/day
- Shared bedroom (large tent ecochic for 3 people): 59 €/day
All reservations must be made before the 14th of May. After this date, availability of accommodation cannot be guaranteed.
Booking is made here. In case you need to enquire on a specific question, please contact:
Included in the full board.
- On Google Maps
- Coordinates: 44.679604 / 4.437858
- The nearest train station is “Valence TGV”. Using the TGV train service, this station is 2h30 from Geneva, 4h25 from Barcelona, 4h30 from Brussels and 5h30 from London, or 34 min from Lyon, 2h08 from Paris, 3h37 from Lille, 2h30 from Marseille and 1h30 from Avignon.
- The bus service SNCF TER then connects “Valence TGV” station with Aubenas.
- On this route, the closest bus stop to Domaine du Taillé is “Saint Étienne Boulogne Col d’Auriolles”, 1h45 away from “Valence TGV” station. Contact us to book a free shuttle from the bus stop or just tell us your schedule when making your reservation.
- Find all SNCF TER bus service correspondences here.
- There are also regular shuttles between “Valence TGV” and “Valence-Ville” (in the city centre) train stations.
- The nearest airport is Lyon Saint Exupéry.
- The Rhônexpress Shuttle service connects the airport with “Lyon Part-Dieu” train station (30 min).
- There are also bus and train departures towards Valence, journey time variable between 30 min and more than 2 hours, depending on the timetable.
- Grenoble Alpes Isère
- Shuttle to Grenoble train station (45 min).