Forest Bathing Guide Training · ENGLAND · Sep 2021
- 5x5 Model
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to Get There
Gibside Estate – National Trust, Newcastle, England
6 days immersion: September 2021, dates TBD
Forest Bathing practice ends: December 2021
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs € 1,960 for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses are not included.
This training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. It offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Bathing Training and Certification is a 6-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
6 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 6-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- Guiding Skills, Competencies and Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- FTI Method (Walk Structure & 5×5 Model).
- Personal Nature Connection.
- Ecoliteracy and Risk Management.
- Senses & Embodiment Practices.
- Forest Medicine, Science & Theory.
- Group Dynamics.
- Circle Work.
- The Art of Language.
- Combining Forest Bathing with other Practices.
- Trail selection criteria.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
Gibside is one of a few surviving 18th-century designed landscapes and was fashioned with two things in mind: spectacular views and ‘wow’ moments.
Here, you can escape the hustle and bustle of modern life within 243 hectares (600 acres) of gardens, woodland and countryside – perfect for wildlife spotting.