Forest Bathing Guide Training in Denmark 1-6 June 2020
- Model 5x5
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- Accomodation Details
- How to Get There
6 days Immersion 1-6 June 2020
Forest Bathing Practice Ends: 6 September 2020
Forest Bathing Guide Training is 1960 Euros for the 3-month period. The cost does not include travel, accommodations or meals
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training is suitable for people working in the area of ecotourism or health tourism. It is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness practice, Spa activity or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for the those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy institute 5×5-model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions, cultures and our specific social and environmental context. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental context where the training take place.
Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5-model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose;
- Equip you with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences
- Provide you with a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practiceinto the health care system;
- Integrating new skills to develop your life and career path.
The pathway of the Forest Bathing and training and certification works as following:
The first step is a 6 day intensive immersion. Immediately following this you begin your mandatory 3 months Mentored Practice. This is home based. After the 3 months Mentored Practice once you fulfill the requirements for a competent guide you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI- Certified Forest Bathing Guide: 6 day intensive + 3 months Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training” as part of your mentored practise.
1) 6 days immersion that consists of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 model. The 5×5-model is the common framework that both paths share, where you will learn:
- The Art of Guiding and Core Forest Bathing Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- The Science of Forest Bathing: the evidence based practice.
- Embodied presence and working with the senses.
- The Forest Bathing framework 5×5-model.
- Trail selection criteria.
- Cultural considerations and enhancing your relationship with the land.
- Naturalist knowledge on your area.
- Enhancing personal awareness of your relationship with nature.
2) Mentored Practice: the immersion is followed by a 3 months Mentored Practice to integrate the immersion learnings where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organisations.
Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
Mid Funen is a distinctive ice age landscape with a meltwater valley. The area of the southern and middle part of Funen is known for its hills and small villages and were the inspiration of the famous Funen artists. Numerous manors and castles have been built in this area and Odense Å (stream) runs through the area ensuring an green and lush landscape.
The whole area used to be covered with forest but in 1997 less than 5% of the land was forest. The Ministry of Environment has in 1999 started to replant the land and make dedicated nature trails for hiking and biking.
There is a 16 km nature hiking path from Ringe to Espe along a former railway. Read more in Danish https://naturstyrelsen.dk/media/nst/67637/FolderRingeKorinth_WEB.pdf
The area varies between deciduous forest, coniferous forest, marsh, meadow, cane and particularly commons. Much of the land is grazed to maintain natural areas and create new open spaces.
At sunrise and dusk you can meet small groups of deer in the clearings and in the open areas around the forests.
The close by Svanninge Hills has become a EU-LIFE project
The perfect place to unhook from the city life with typical Danish rural landscape and only 15 minutes’ drive by car to sandy beaches.
The location will be at Gelskov Manor Retreats & B&B built in 1700 and with a new main building from 1910 offering splendid views and wild life.
The manor is family owned and run by Heine and Hilde who also live at the manor with their family. It offers a beautiful quiet park and free parking and wifi.
You will be welcomed in a well-equipped bed & breakfast with freshly made beds, towel and access to kitchen and shared facilities and final cleaning.
• Single bed in a shared double room from Jun 1-6 incl. full board, coffee & tea ad libitum (self service): DKK 3.825 per person.
Additional night incl breakfast DKK 375 pr day per person
• Single room from June 1-6 incl. full board, coffee & tea ad libitum (self service): DKK 4.200 per person
Additional night incl breakfast DKK 450 per day per person
The B&B offers shared toilet and bath facilities and the exceptional opportunity to stay in historical settings in a privately owned manor with an environmentally conscious household.
In order to keep prices as low as possible there will be a few practical duties in the kitchen clearing away dishes and partial self-service for meals.
There are two main buildings – the old main building dates back from 1700 and has 5 double rooms and the new main building from 1917 has 9 double rooms.
Accommodation reservations are managed directly with the venue on a first come first served basis.
NOTE: Accommodation must be reserved and paid directly to Gelskov Manor.
Email: email@example.com with your preferred option single room or shared double room.
Contact person: Hilde Seemann
Phone: +45 22 88 66 24
Payment: All amount to be paid to the following bank account:
Sydbank 5079 1077378
Please note the payment by 15th May 2020
Mark your name – and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org after money transfer and they will send receipt directly to you.
Breakfast: included. Breakfast will be local and organic e.g homemade bread with local cheese and jam, fruit, youghurt and soft boiled egg, tea/coffee and juice.
Lunch: Will be a variety of making your own sandwiches and prepared lunched with local and organic produce
Dinner: One course green meal with optional fish/poultry some of the days made from local organic suppliers.
Please let us know of any allergies or special requirements such as vegetarian, vegan, lactose or gluten free products.
Meals will be primarily vegetarian.
Gelskov Gods, Gelskovvej 10, 5750 Ringe, Danmark
By public transport:
From Aarhus or Copenhagen main central stations by public transport approx 3 hours.
– Trains: to Odense or Ringe Station
For pubic transport planning, kindly check Rejseplanen at https://www.rejseplanen.dk/webapp/index.html#!P|TP!histId|0!histKey|H460355
– Buses: buses from Ringe and Odense Station
From Copenhagen airport: 2 hours
From Aarhus airport: 2 hours and 20 minutes
From Billund airport: 1,3 hours
The venue is located on the island of Funen connected by bridges to the island of Sealand with Copenhagen Airport and connected by bridge to the peninsula of Jutland with Billund as the closest airport.
If you are looking to develop your skills further and widen your professional scope, access our Preferential offer when applying for Forest Bathing and Forest Therapy training together, as a package, and benefit from an incentive of 196 €: pay only 2724 € instead of 2920 €.
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it joinly with your Forest Bathing Training. Choose your Forest Therapy Training.