Forest Bathing Guide Training · DENMARK · 1-6 Jun 2020
- USD: $2,279
- 5x5 Model
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to Get There
6 days immersion: 1-6 June 2020
Forest Bathing Practice Ends: 6 September 2020
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs 1960 € for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses are not included.
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Bathing Training and Certification is a 6-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
6 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 6-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- The Art of Guiding and Core Forest Bathing Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- The Science of Forest Bathing: the evidence-based practice.
- Embodied presence and working with the senses.
- The Forest Bathing framework 5×5 Model.
- Trail selection criteria.
- Cultural considerations and enhancing your relationship with the land.
- Naturalist knowledge of your area.
- Enhancing personal awareness of your relationship with nature.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
The area of the southern and middle part of Funen (Fyn), the third largest island of Denmark, has a distinctive ice age landscape with a melt-water valley and is known for its hills and small villages and as the source of inspiration for the famous Funen artists. Numerous manors and castles have been built in this area and the Odense River runs through it, ensuring a green and lush landscape.
The whole area used to be covered with forest, but in 1997 less than 5% of that remained. The Ministry of Environment then started to replant the land and make dedicated nature trails for hiking and biking. There is a 16 km nature hiking path from Ringe to Espe along a former railway.
The area varies between deciduous forest, coniferous forest, marsh and meadow. Much of the land is grazed to maintain natural areas and create new open spaces.
At sunrise and dusk, you can meet small groups of deer in the clearings and in the open areas around the forests.
The close-by Svanninge Hills have become a EU-LIFE project.
It’s the perfect place to disconnect from city life, in a typical Danish rural landscape and only 15 minutes away from sandy beaches.
The location will be at Gelskov Manor Retreats & B&B, built in 1700 with a new main building from 1910, offering splendid views and wildlife.
The manor is family owned and run by Heine and Hilde who also live at the manor with their family. You will be welcomed in a well-equipped bed & breakfast with freshly made beds and access to kitchen and shared facilities. It offers a beautiful quiet park, free parking and WiFi. The old main building originally from 1700 has 5 double rooms and the new main building from 1917 has 9 double rooms.
Prices (per person):
- Single bed, shared double room, from Jun 1-6, full board, coffee & tea self service: DKK 3.975. Additional night incl. breakfast: DKK 475
- Single room from June 1-6, full board, coffee & tea self service: DKK 4.350
Additional night incl. breakfast: DKK 550
- Day package no accommodation from June 1-6 DKK 2.250s and partial self-service for meals.The B&B offers shared toilet and bath facilities and the exceptional opportunity to stay in an historical setting in a privately owned manor with an environmentally conscious household.
In order to keep prices as low as possible, there are a few practical duties in the kitchen, clearing away dishem,
Accommodation reservations are managed directly with the venue on a first come first served basis and must be reserved and paid directly to Gelskov Manor.
- Contact person: Hilde Seemann
- Email: email@example.com (state your preferred option: single room or shared double room)
- Phone: +45 22 88 66 24
- Website: www.gelskovgods.com
- All amounts to be paid to the following bank account: Sydbank 5079 1077378
- Please note the payment by 15th May 2020.
- Mark your name and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org after money transfer and they will send receipt directly to you.
Meals will be primarily vegetarian.
- Breakfast: included. Breakfast will be local and organic, e.g homemade bread with local cheese and jam, fruit, yogurt and soft boiled egg, tea/coffee and juice.
- Lunch: a variety of making your own sandwiches and prepared lunched with local and organic produce.
- Dinner: one course green meal with optional fish/poultry some of the days. made from local organic suppliers.
Please let us know of any allergies or special requirements such as vegetarian, vegan, lactose or gluten free products.
- On Google Maps
- Gelskov Gods
5750 Ringe, Danmark
By public transport:
- For pubic transport planning, kindly check Rejseplanen here.
- From Aarhus or Copenhagen main central stations by public transport approx 3 hours.
- Trains: to Odense or Ringe Station
- Buses: buses from Ringe and Odense Station
- From Copenhagen Airport: 2 hours
- From Aarhus Airport: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- From Billund Airport: 1,3 hours
Airports: The venue is located on the island of Funen, connected by bridges to the island of Sealand with Copenhagen Airport and connected by bridge to the peninsula of Jutland with Billund as the closest airport.
If you are looking to develop your skills further and widen your professional scope, access our Preferential offer: apply for Forest Bathing and Forest Therapy training as a package, benefit from an incentive of 196 € and pay € 2,724 instead of € 2,920.
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it joinly with your Forest Bathing Training. Choose your Forest Therapy Training.