Forest Bathing Guide Training · COLOMBIA · 16-21 Feb 2021
- 5x5 Model
- You will learn
- You will be able to
- How to get there
Santuario de Fauna y Flora Otún Quimbaya, Colombia
6 days immersion: 16-21 February 2021
Forest Bathing practice ends: 21 May 2021
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs € 1,960 for the 3-month period. Travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses may not be included (see Accommodation).
This training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. It offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The first step of the pathway of the Forest Bathing Training and Certification is a 6-day intensive immersion on-site. Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice, which is home-based. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
6 days of intensive immersion + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) 6-day immersion on-site consisting of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- Guiding Skills, Competencies and Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- FTI Method (Walk Structure & 5×5 Model).
- Personal Nature Connection.
- Ecoliteracy and Risk Management.
- Senses & Embodiment Practices.
- Forest Medicine, Science & Theory.
- Group Dynamics.
- Circle Work.
- The Art of Language.
- Combining Forest Bathing with other Practices.
- Trail selection criteria.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
At the top of the Andes, sacred land for our ancestors, millenary treasures are sheltered that have filled the pages of our grandparents with fantastic stories and wisdom. Winding crystalline streams descend between the mountains and give rise to the fascinating biodiversity that germinates along the Otún River, a source of life that bathed indigenous peoples and has watered coffee plantations and orchards, drawing magical landscapes in the mountains by paths that link representative cultures of the coffee cultural landscape, a World Heritage Site.
The Otún Quimbaya Fauna and Flora Sanctuary is located in the Central Cordillera in the Andean Region, part of the department of Risaralda, in Colombia.
The area of the sanctuary is characterized by a representative vegetation of the Andean humid forest. Fog frequently covers the peaks and slopes of the adjacent Los Nevados Natural Park and give it an enigmatic and mysterious character.
The park has a great diversity of species of birds, butterflies and small mammals. The topography is very varied, with slopes where you can see the wax palm and crystalline rivers.
For this training, the cost of accommodation for the 6 days of immersion is included in the price of the training.
The Asociación Comunitaria Yarumo Blanco was established under the principles of ecotourism and the guidelines of sustainable development. We provide our users with environmental education services, lodging, gastronomy, leisure and recreation activities, consultancies and construction of tourist equipment. We promote respect and identity towards the natural, cultural and social heritage of the territory.
It is our purpose to provide a quality service, which educates our guests and associates about sustainable development.
Reservations of accommodation are managed directly with: email@example.com
Reservations of meals are managed directly with Asociación Comunitaria Yarumo Blanco:
The price of the food package (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is € 41.13.
For the reservation of meals, contact directly the Asociación Comunitaria Yarumo Blanco, as well as to inform of any allergies, intolerance or special requirements, such as a specific diet or lactose or gluten free products.
Asociación Comunitaria Yarumo Blanco:
- Google Maps.
- Km 14 vía Pereira – La Suiza – El Cedral – Santuario de Fauna y Flora Otún Quimbaya
Otún Quimbaya is located just 50 minutes from the city of Pereira, on the road that leads from the township of Florida to Switzerland – El Cedral.
The journey from the city of Pereira to the natural protection area (through the Vereda La Suiza) can be done by private car (unpaved road for the last 6 km/4 mi) or by chiva (bus).
With “Transportes Florida”, the departure time of the chivas on workdays is from 7-9 am and at 3 pm, from Pereira to El Cedral. On weekends and holidays, an additional route is available at noon. Transportation can be boarded at Ciudad Victoria civic square (Cll 17 between tracks 10 and 12), in front of Ciudad Victoria shopping centre.
If you prefer private transportation, dedicated services of chivas and minibuses for groups of visitors are also available.