Forest Bathing Guide Training in Chile 9 – 14 November 2020
- Model 5x5
- How to get there
- You will learn
- You will be able to
Parque Oncol, Valdivia – Chile
6 days Immersion from 9 – 14 de November 2020
Forest Bathing Practice Ends: 14 February 2020
Forest Bathing Guide Training is 1960 Euros for the 3-month period. The cost does not include travel, accommodations or meals
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training is suitable for people working in the area of ecotourism or health tourism. It is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness practice, Spa activity or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for the those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy institute 5×5-model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions, cultures and our specific social and environmental context. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental context where the training take place.
Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5-model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose;
- Equip you with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences
- Provide you with a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practiceinto the health care system;
- Integrating new skills to develop your life and career path.
The pathway of the Forest Bathing and training and certification works as following:
The first step is a 6 day intensive immersion. Immediately following this you begin your mandatory 3 months Mentored Practice. This is home based. After the 3 months Mentored Practice once you fulfill the requirements for a competent guide you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI- Certified Forest Bathing Guide: 6 day intensive + 3 months Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training” as part of your mentored practise.
Only 28 km from Valdivia, on the highest hill of the Cordillera de la Costa, is Oncol Park. 2,841 hectares, located between the Pacific Ocean and the Carlos Anwandter Nature Sanctuary, makes this an area of High Conservation Value and great ecological importance.
Its temperate rain forests are a true refuge for endemic species of flora and fauna, some of them in danger of extinction. Oncol and its surroundings have witnessed glaciations, settlements of coastal indigenous populations and the process of Spanish colonization (S XVI) and later German (S XIX), in 1989 a designated area of High Conservation Value by Arauco.
A unique ecosystem
Oncol Park, home to various endemic flora and fauna species, the result of glaciations that occurred in South America 18,000 years ago. Here, the highest hills of the coastal range – Oncol, Cerro Mirador and Nahuelbuta – were largely free of ice, becoming shelters for species of flora and fauna. This allowed for great biological diversity within the temperate South American forests.
In Parque Oncol you will discover a great biodiversity of emblematic species and a wooded remnant of the southern coast of Chile. Its forests present fascinating adaptations to seasonal changes and natural events such as intense rains (exceeding 3,500 mm per year), strong winds and high atmospheric humidity. The Darwin’s frog, now in danger of extinction, has a size that does not exceed three centimeters and has traditionally been considered by scientists as a true sensor of the ecosystems where it lives. Concepción, for two years they have been working intensely to preserve and repopulate with this Chilean species, the native forests present in its forest heritage.
This is the project “Diagnosis and proposals for Conservation of Amphibian Populations in Forestal Arauco properties in the Cordillera de la Costa”. The Ministry of Environment and the Agricultural and Livestock Service -SAG- participates in the breeding programme and also has support from the Leipzig Zoo (Germany) which is highly recognized and has experience in amphibian reproduction.
FOR THIS TRAINING THE ACCOMMODATION COST OF THE 7 DAYS OF IMMERSION IS INCLUDED IN THE TRAINING FEE
Oncol Park guest house has capacity for 14 people accommodated in shared rooms with a style of cabin beds. It also has camping sites with water, toilets and fire facilities.
The space has electric lights and drinking water.
Accommodation and meals reservations are managed directly with Bosques para Ti.
Contact person: Claudio
Please let them know of any allergies or special requirements such as lactose or gluten free products or vegetarian diets.
Contact person: Claudio
Full board: 40,000 Chilean pesos per person per day. Includes 3 meals, 2 types of menu and coffee breaks, water, natural juices.
Airports: Santiago airport to Pichoy Valdivia airport, 4 daily flights to Valdivia. Airlines; Letmart, Lan chile, Sky Airline. Bus: From Santiago via Bus to Valdivia, 10 hours of travel. Book a ticket at www.recorrido.cl, to the Valdivia terminal. From Valdivia terminal to Oncol Park; a private bus will be transferred to the facilities on November 4th. The departure time will be indicated weeks before the start of the training. Car: Oncol Park is accessed by the coastal route. The distance from Coastal Route to Oncol Park in about 30 km.
1) 6 days immersion that consists of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 model. The 5×5-model is the common framework that both paths share, where you will learn:
- The Art of Guiding and Core Forest Bathing Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- The Science of Forest Bathing: the evidence based practice.
- Embodied presence and working with the senses.
- The Forest Bathing framework 5×5-model.
- Trail selection criteria.
- Cultural considerations and enhancing your relationship with the land.
- Naturalist knowledge on your area.
- Enhancing personal awareness of your relationship with nature.
2) Mentored Practice: the immersion is followed by a 3 months Mentored Practice to integrate the immersion learnings where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organisations.
Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it jointly with your Forest Bathing Training. The discount will be applied on the Forest Bathing Training
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it joinly with your Forest Bathing Training. Choose your Forest Therapy Training.