Blended ONLINE · Forest Bathing Guide Training with Nature Immersive Experience · 24 May-4 Jun 2021 · ASIA/EUROPE
1) The times for the training will be:
Mon 24th to Fri 28th May (5 mornings/afternoons/evenings) and Mon 31st May, Wed 2nd and Fri 4th June (3 mornings/afternoons/evenings):
- Ireland & UK Time: 10 am-12 pm
- Copenhagen, Brussels, Berlin, Oslo: 11:00-13:00
- New Delhi, India: 2:30-4:30 pm
- Hong Kong: 5-7 pm
- Sydney, Australia: 19:00-21:00
You will have time to engage in personal nature connection practices during 24th to 28th May in the mornings/afternoons/evenings. This will be self-guided.
2) Two nature immersive days with FTI Certified Forest Bathing Guides in your Country
This two-day nature immersive practice will take place during your three-month mentored practice as long as we have trained FTI Guides in your country. Dates will vary depending on each country but FTI will confirm this with you when you book your place on the training.
Total hours for online training, self-guided practice and nature immersive day: practice 95 hours + 2-day outdoor training.
Forest Bathing practice ends: 4th September 2021
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training costs € 1,760 for the 3-month period.
This training is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness or therapeutic practice, or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others. It offers both wellness and therapeutic approaches.
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
On-line Asia May 2021
Lead Trainer & Mentor
Trainer & Mentor
Trainer & Mentor
The Forest Therapy Institute 5×5 Model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions and cultures and our social and environmental particular contexts. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental contexts where the training takes place. Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5 Model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose.
- Be equipped with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences.
- Receive a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practice into the health care system.
- Integrate new skills to develop your life and career path.
The pathway of the online two weeks led face to face Forest Bathing Training and Certification works as follows:
- 1st week – 5 mornings/afternoons/evenings: Lectures & Group work & Afternoons: Self-Guided Practice (Indoor & Outdoor).
- 2nd week – 3 mornings/afternoons/evenings: Lectures & Group work.
- Two nature immersive days with FTI Certified Forest Bathing Guides in your Country.
Total hours for online training, self-guided practice and nature immersive days is 40 hours.
Immediately following this, you begin your mandatory 3-month Mentored Practice. After this period, once you have met the requirements to be a competent guide, you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
In terms of allocating your time this mentored practice takes approximately 45 hours over the course of three months. This breaks down to 15 hours per month or 0.5 days per week.
FTI · Certified Forest Bathing Guide:
5 mornings/afternoons/evenings + 3 mornings/afternoons/evenings (online trainer led face to face lectures) + 3 mornings/afternoons/evenings (Self-guided Practice) + 2-day Nature Immersive Experience + 3 months of Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete a “First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training”, as part of your mentored practice. This is not included in the training fee.
1) Online two weeks led face to face consisting of a combination of experiential and online classroom style learning using the 5×5 Model, which is the common framework that both paths share and where you will learn about:
- Guiding Skills, Competencies and Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- FTI Method (Walk Structure & 5×5 Model).
- Personal Nature Connection.
- Ecoliteracy and Risk Management.
- Senses & Embodiment Practices.
- Forest Medicine, Science & Theory.
- Group Dynamics.
- Circle Work.
- The Art of Language.
- Combining Forest Bathing with other Practices.
- Trail selection criteria.
2) 3-month Mentored Practice, home-based, to integrate the immersion learning, where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
With the Forest Bathing Training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organizations.
- Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
- Reduces costs in terms of travel and accommodation
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Greater flexibility in terms of your time
- Access to greater range of international trainers
- Access to a great range of online resources