Forest Bathing Guide Training in Scotland 4-9 May 2020
- You Will learn
- You Will be able to
- Accomodation Details
- How to Get There
Auchenlaich Farmhouse, Callander, Perthshire, Central Scotland
6 days Immersion 4 – 9 May 2020
Forest Bathing Practice Ends: 9 August 2020
Forest Bathing Guide Training is 1960 Euros for the 3-month period. The cost does not include travel, accommodations or meals
The Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training is suitable for people working in the area of ecotourism or health tourism. It is suitable for those who wish to offer Forest Bathing as a wellness practice, Spa activity or in combination with other wellness practices such as yoga, mindfulness and coaching, among others
The Forest Bathing Training establishes a strong base for the those who wish to attend the CPD in Forest Therapy for treatment, intervention and rehabilitation.
The Forest Therapy institute 5×5-model training is inspired by our love for the land, the richness of our specific ancient traditions, cultures and our specific social and environmental context. All programmes are adapted to the specific culture and environmental context where the training take place.
Based on a scientific supported framework and the latest international research, at the FTI Forest Bathing 5×5-model training you will:
- Enhance your awareness of your relationship with nature that supports your healing, meaning and purpose;
- Equip you with a specific framework to guide forest bathing walks and experiences
- Provide you with a tool kit to integrate Forest Bathing wellness practiceinto the health care system;
- Integrating new skills to develop your life and career path.
The pathway of the Forest Bathing and training and certification works as following:
The first step is a 6 day intensive immersion. Immediately following this you begin your mandatory 3 months Mentored Practice. This is home based. After the 3 months Mentored Practice once you fulfill the requirements for a competent guide you will receive your certification. This final Mentored Practice will enable you to integrate your learning into your work practice.
FTI- Certified Forest Bathing Guide: 6 day intensive + 3 months Mentored Practice = Certification
It is a requirement of the certification that you complete First Aid Training” or “Wilderness First Aid Training” as part of your mentored practise.
You Will learn
1) 6 days immersion that consists of a combination of experiential and classroom style learning using the 5×5 model. The 5×5-model is the common framework that both paths share, where you will learn:
- The Art of Guiding and Core Forest Bathing Techniques to guide your forest bathing walks/experiences.
- The Science of Forest Bathing: the evidence based practice.
- Embodied presence and working with the senses.
- The Forest Bathing framework 5×5-model.
- Trail selection criteria.
- Cultural considerations and enhancing your relationship with the land.
- Naturalist knowledge on your area.
- Enhancing personal awareness of your relationship with nature.
2) Mentored Practice: the immersion is followed by a 3 months Mentored Practice to integrate the immersion learnings where you will be:
- Paired with a local mentor that will support your journey.
- Attending a series of monthly calls with colleagues and mentor.
You Will be able to
With the Forest Bathing training, you will be able to:
- Guide Forest Bathing walks and experiences.
- Design Forest Bathing workshops.
- Provide extended multi-day wellness and stress reduction experiences.
- Demonstrate strong standards, ethics and professional body recognition.
- Form partnerships with organisations.
Integrate nature connection practices into your work.
Callander is known as the “Gateway to the Highlands”. Set in the heart of the Trossachs National Park, this hidden gem of a town is nestled among many breathtaking woodland trails and expansive views of Ben Ledi. A stone’s throw away from some of Scotland’s most iconic Lochs.
With its woodlands, mountains, tranquil lochs and glens, The Trossachs National Park is brimming with wildlife. Home to red kites, Scottish stags, wild grouse, and our much loved red squirrels.
The perfect place to fully immerse your senses and become one with our very special and ancient landscapes. Scotland, named the world’s most beautiful country in 2017, leaves visitors longing to return for years to come.
Auchenlaich Farmhouse is a 4 star Scottish Farmhouse B&B with optional dinner located at the eastern gateway to the Trossachs National Park. Very much a family run guest house specialising in restful breaks in a quiet countryside location away from the stress of day to day living. The farmhouse is located in the heart of the Trossachs with stunning views over green fields to rolling hills. The backdrop is the ever changing “Ben Ledi” and the only traffic around is the sheep and cows in the nearby fields.
The house is over 150 years old, stone built with thick walls but with every modern convenience including wireless internet access. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable with all amenities to hand.
Weekly cost per person for accommodation incl. breakfast
- Room 1 – Twin room fully en-suite. 2 persons sharing £450 per week / Single occupancy £350 per week
- Room 2 – Double room fully en-suite with king size bed. 2 persons £450 per week / Single occupancy £350 per week
- Room 3/4 – Interconnecting room with private shower room consists of a king size bed in one part and 2 single beds in the other part can be locked and made into 2 separate rooms but they would be sharing the shower room. (bathrobes are provided and shower-room is for the exclusive use of these rooms only). 3 persons £600 per week / single occupancy of larger room £325 per week and £300 for the smaller room.
- Room 5 – Extra large super king bed plus a single bed so can be used as a twin room. 2 persons £450 per week / single occupancy £350 (please note this room has its own private bathroom and bathrobes are provided).
All beds are made on arrival and equipped with a set of towels. All rates include breakfast. Packed lunches, and dinners optional. All rooms have tea and coffee facilities.
Please let the proprietors know of any allergies or special requirements such as lactose or gluten free products.
There are also many reputable and affordable campsites nearby. Please enquire directly with Auchenlaich Farmhouse for recommendations.
Accommodation reservations are managed directly with the proprietors of Auchenlaich Farmhouse.
To benefit from our special training accommodation prices, please quote “Forest Bathing” at the time of booking.
Contact persons: Rita Kyle, Bill Kyle.
Tel: +44 (0)1877 331683
Breakfast: All room rates include breakfast.
Lunch: Packed lunches can be provided at £6.50 per person. Should there be enough interest, private catering options for a buffet style lunch can be made available.
Dinner: Evening meals can also be provided and are £15.50 for 2 courses.
Please let them know of any allergies or special requirements such as lactose or gluten free products.
There are also many cafes, restaurants and local pubs within a 5 minute drive from the venue / 20 minutes on foot. Taxis are also available.
How to Get There
By public transport:
– Trains: Trains usually leave every 20 minutes from Glasgow Queen Street Station to Stirling Train Station (journey time approx. 30 minutes), or leaving every 30 minutes from Edinburgh Waverley Station to Stirling Train Station (journey time approx. 45 minutes).
– Buses Stirling Bus Station approx. 1 minute walk from the train station (when exiting the station turn left and continue for 62 yards until you reach the bus station). Take Bus No. 59 from Stance 7 to Callander. Ask the driver to stop at Keltie Bridge. Once off the bus, cross the road and turn left, and walk towards the junction and follow signs for Auchenlaich Farmhouse. Collections from bus stop can be arranged upon request. Journey approx 30-35 minutes.
- Coming from Glasgow Airport: From the airport join the M8 eastbound via junction 29, heading towards Edinburgh. Take exit 13 to merge onto the M80 towards Stirling and Kincardine Bridge. Keep right on M80 towards Perth and Stirling. Continue onto the M9 then take exit 10 onto A84 towards Callander and Crianlarich. At the roundabout take the first exit onto A84 towards Callander and Crianlarich. At the next roundabout, take the second exit onto A84. Continue for 12 miles (19km) and turn right into Keltie Bridge. In 110 yards turn left and follow the signs for Auchenlaich Farmhouse.
- Coming from Edinburgh Airport: Leave the airport and in 250 yards turn right onto Jubilee Road. Follow Jubilee Road for 0.3 miles and at the roundabout, take the first exit onto Eastfield Road. In 130 yards, at the roundabout, take the third exit onto Eastfield Road. In 270 yards, keep right onto Eastfield Road. In 190 yards, turn right onto Eastfield Road. Continue on towards the M9 and Glasgow. At the roundabout, take the fourth exit and merge onto the M9 towards Linlithgow. In 29 miles take exit 10 onto A84 towards Callander and Crianlarich. At the roundabout, take the first exit onto A84 towards Callander and Crianlarich. At the next roundabout, take the second exit onto A84. In 12 miles, turn right onto Keltie Bridge. In 50 yards, turn left. Follow the road and signs for Auchenlaich Farmhouse.
The closest airports are Glasgow or Edinburgh – both are a 1 hour drive to the venue (may take longer at peak times).
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it jointly with your Forest Bathing Training. The discount will be applied on the Forest Bathing Training
Get a 20% discount on the Forest Therapy Training by purchasing it joinly with your Forest Bathing Training. Choose your Forest Therapy Training.