Forest Therapy Institute (FTI) is an umbrella organization under which several companies operate. FTI is legally represented and registered in the countries in which it operates. Underlying these different companies is a common theme: Forest Bathing and Forest Therapy Training offerings, among other workshops and training on nature connection.
The following general conditions regulate the relationship between these companies (hereby designated as FTI Group) and the client. In this way, by contracting the services offered (training, workshops, retreats and others) the client assumes the participation in the activity contracted, the risks that it implies and accepts all the present conditions included in this section “Legal Notice”.
The general conditions described here can be complemented by particular conditions of each activity. The particular conditions override and complement the general conditions.
Responsibilities and risks
The client in the quality of participant in the programme and/or activity recognizes and is aware that:
- Outdoor activities, in natural settings, imply risks that can incur in various types of damage, be them personal or material, to themselves or third parties. These damages can result from different factors, namely, falls, exposure to very high or low temperatures, attacks from animals, insect bite, etc.
- Those risks cannot be entirely eliminated without compromising the essential characteristics of the activity.
- Activities may take place in areas of difficult access, which means emergency services can take some time to arrive, in case of an accident.
- Although FTI Group staff endeavours to increase safety and minimize risks, they cannot ensure the total control of all factors involved.
Therefore, by registering for an activity, the client assumes the following commitments before FTI Group and, for the due legal effects, declares that:
- I know the programme for this activity, the inherent risks and I voluntarily wish to participate.
- I will respect all the rules, orientations, conduct instructions and all type of recommendations that are given to me by the FTI Group staff; for my own safety and for the safety of others (participants or not) and of the setting where the activity takes place, be it a natural public area or a private property.
- I have physical and psychological conditions to sustain the effort associated with this programme. I do not have any cardiac, respiratory or other diseases that limit my capacity to engage in sports activities.
The FTI Group and its staff do not take responsibility for inappropriate behaviour of the participants during the activities or for any damage caused to third party (participants or not) or to the natural setting.
Under these terms, clients expressly renounce reclamation from FTI Group of any payment or reparation for damages that may result from their participation in an activity.
Duration and schedule
The duration and schedules of the activities are indicative and based on ideal circumstances. These times can be changed due to factors that are beyond the control of FTI Group, namely weather conditions. No rights are due because of these changes, due to these types of circumstances.
FTI Group reserves the right to use photographs taken before, during and after the activities for promotional use. Except through written communication indicating otherwise, the client authorizes the use of photos and videos taken for promotional use, sent to clients and for publicity and marketing campaigns.
FTI Group has all its activities covered by a Civil Responsibility insurance in each country.
Reservation of activities
The registration or reservation of activities must be done through the application form available on our website forestherapyinstitute.com. Through the act of registration, the client agrees to the payment of the services for which he/she has registered.
After applying for a programme, clients receive an email from FTI Group confirming they have been accepted and the availability for the activity requested. The reservation of the activity will be considered confirmed only after written communication by FTI Group.
A 500 € deposit is due within 10 days of acceptance, to confirm enrolment and hold the place in the training.
The remaining amount, second and last instalment of the full price, is due no later than two full months prior to the event.
If the client applies for both training (Forest Bathing Guide and CPD on Forest Therapy), one single deposit of 500 € is due.
Cancellations and refunds
Cancellation by the client before two months prior to the event, offers a total refund with a deduction of 50 € for administrative costs.
Cancellation by the client after two months prior to the event, offers a refund of 50%.
In case of cancellation by FTI Group, the client will be informed as soon as possible and be offered alternative dates or a total refund of all amounts paid to date.
FTI Group reserves the rights to cancel or modify activities in the following cases:
- Not have the minimum number of participants necessary for the activity to take place. Programmes may be cancelled up to 60 days prior to the programme.
- Unfavourable weather conditions that render the activity impossible or unsafe.
- The minimum safety conditions are not met.
- Other conditions that render the activity impossible or unsafe (fires, strong winds, falling trees, etc.)
Once the reservation has been made, if the holder does not appear at the date, time and place scheduled, without having made a cancellation or change in the terms described above, he or she will lose all rights inherent to the activity, namely the right to a new date.
Contact, suggestions and claims
If you need any information, have a suggestion or any type of complaint, please connect with us.
Your opinion is important for the Forest Therapy Institute. Please contact with us at: email@example.com